Why Use Aura Systems for AAV Analytics?
Because you can achieve so much more insight with much less material:
- Detect and characterize particles not measured by dynamic light scattering (DLS) or size exclusion chromatography (SEC)
- Preserve sample, using as little as 5 μL per test
- Quickly screen a wide range of conditions with our 96-well format
- Obtain detailed information on particles that other methods can’t deliver, including size, morphology, count, and size distribution
- Move quickly with an analysis time of about 1 minute per sample
- Evaluate a wide range of particle sizes, measuring 1 μm to 5 mm with high reproducibility
- Achieve high sensitivity because particles are imaged without the interference of buffer or matrix
- See more detail for better particle identification with high-resolution magnification
- Maintain compliance with the option for 21 CFR Part 11 software
Compare Stability of AAV Serotypes Under Thermal Stress
Using the Aura GT system, we observed low levels of SVPs in stock AAV2 samples. Well-defined, small to large granular particles are formed after thermal stress.
We observed increased levels of SVPs in stock AAV5 samples compared to stock AAV2 samples. Large fibrillar structures are formed after thermal stress.
We observed increased levels of SVPs in stock AAV8 samples compared to stock AAV2 and AAV5 samples. Complete sample degradation was observed as the stressed AAV8 sample denatured into a film-like matrix.
Particle Vue software can provide a quantitative analysis of the different AAV serotypes with and without thermal stress by measuring the concentration of particles > 2 µm.