Halo Labs is a fast-growing life science tools company developing and selling analytical instrumentation that uses the latest advancements in optical microscopy to help pharmaceutical companies develop safe products.
The Biotechnology Scientific Associate position is focused on helping the Scientific Application Development team at Halo Labs develop and validate the latest applications of the Aura instrument. It includes conducting and aiding in chemical and biological assay development, as well as assessing instrument and software performance.
This position will be located at our new office in Burlingame, CA.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, organized, driven and flexible to roll with a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform assay development
- New instrumentation and software testing from proof of principle to ensuring robust performance
- New consumable testing and validation
- Prepare data summaries and clearly communicate test results in different forums
- Participate in other R&D and Development activities as needed
- Bachelor’s in Science in Life Science or Engineering or Associate Degree in Life Science with a minimum of 1 year of lab experience
- Proficiency with micropipettes
- Driven, Proactive, well-organized, flexible, and able to multi-task
- Experience performing wet lab experiments independently
- Experience with cell culture is a plus
- Experience with fluorescence microscopy is a plus
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks according to goals and company needs
- Ability to work in a team and cross-functionally
- Good verbal and written communication skills
No visa sponsorship available.