Make Better Decisions About Your Therapeutics
Aura CL makes it easy to know exactly what’s in your sample. Cells in your sample can be labeled with a permeable, DNA-specific dye like Hoechst or DAPI and protein aggregates can be labeled with thioflavin T (ThT) before imaging in two different fluorescent FMM channels using Aura CL. Combine this with morphology information obtained with Backgrounded Membrane Imaging (BMI) and side illumination membrane imaging (SIMI) data, which detects rigid, non-biologic particles, for an unbiased understanding of all the particles in your samples.
Different particle populations can then be easily viewed using the scatterplot function of Particle Vue software to give you a comprehensive understanding of your sample.
Monitor Cell Behavior in Your Therapeutic
Aura CL makes it easy to monitor if your formulation or storage conditions are causing cells in your therapeutic to aggregate. Just look for distinct nuclei in your cells labeled with DAPI or Hoechst and compare against the BMI image to get a sense of whether your cell population primarily consists of singlets, doublets, triplets, quadruplets, or more!
Why use Aura+ or Aura CL to identify cellular and non-cellular particles?
- Definitive subvisible particle ID using DNA-specific fluorescent dyes with FMM
- Detailed information on particle size, morphology, count, and distribution
- Small to large cellular aggregate characterization
- Sample volumes that meet your requirements – accurate analysis with 5 µL to 10 mL of sample
- 100x higher throughput compared to standard flow imaging and cytometry techniques for testing lots of formulations, conditions, and lot releases
- Rapid analysis time
- Wide working range – measures particles from 1 µm to 5 mm with high reproducibility
- CFR Part 11 software available
- Clarke D, Stanton J, Powers D, Karnieli O, Nahum S, Abraham E, Parisse JS, Oh S. Managing particulates in cell therapy: Guidance for best practice. Cytotherapy. 2016 Sep;18(9):1063-76