Halo Labs is a fast-growing life science tools company developing and selling the best optical particle analysis platform currently available. We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to drive our in-house software development efforts, exceed customer expectations, and help support our future expansion. This position will be located at our new office in Burlingame, CA and report to the VP of Engineering.
We are looking for someone with outstanding enthusiasm that has an attention for detail, but one that is flexible to roll with a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. This position will require solid experience building applications for Life Sciences on the Windows platform using C# (WinForms) and C++.
Responsibilities would include:
• Assist with the development of our next generation Windows software development using C# (WinForms) and C++.
• Develop testbeds and test software for manufacturing, QC and troubleshooting.
• Identify and evaluate software risks and develop mitigations.
• Must be able to quickly become proficient on system functionality and system interfaces.
• Implementing software development best practices by developing, testing, documenting and deploying high quality software titles.
• Work closely with marketing, QC and manufacturing to understand requirements and customer expectations.
• Ability to work with technical support to quickly identify and solve customer software issues.
• Work closely with hardware engineering so support development and testing of new hardware subsystems.
• 3+ years’ experience developing Windows based software in the Life Sciences or R&D organization using C#.
• Strong object-orientated language skills.
• Solid understanding and development skills in C# and C++.
• Experience with fluorescence and image processing functions, including OpenCV.
• Understanding of systems and requirements used in Life Sciences (e.g. Automation, Plate Formats etc.).
• Understanding of 21 CFR Part 11.
• Proficient with characterization of software issues and bugs
• Must be able to handle multiple deadlines at the same time
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
• High attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
• Openness to taking on new responsibilities as needs change and new requirements develop
• Able to work in fast paced environment and can adapt to shifting timelines and priorities
• No visa sponsorship available